- Region: Capital/Saratoga
- Distance: NYC: 3.25hrs – Hartford: 2.5hrs – Philly: 4.5hrs – Boston: 3.25hrs
- Famous for: Racehorse, Spas and Food
- Not to miss: The Saratoga Racetrack
- Perfect for: Couples, Families, Foodies
- Link Saratoga.org/Pages/Tourism
#RACEHORSES #SPAS #FOOD
WHY IT’S FAMOUSClassy and casual, travel 30 minutes north of Albany to Saratoga where you’ll find “health, history and horses”… at least that’s how it is often described. Add food to that list and you’ve pretty much nailed it!
- Saratoga Springs is better known by its nickname “Saratoga”.
- The oldest sports venue in the nation, Saratoga Race Track has thoroughbred racing throughout the summer season. Off to the races!
- Saratoga Springs is famous for its natural mineral waters believed to have healing powers by the Native American community, and dozens of spas in the area that continue the tradition today.
- Visit the 100+ restaurants and bars throughout Saratoga.
- Part of a national park, the Saratoga Battlefield preserves the site of a crucial American victory during the American Revolution.
- Featuring diverse artistry, the Saratoga Performing Arts Center—or SPAC as it’s known, is a loved venue.
THE NY SHERPA RECOMMENDS