- NYS Region: Hudson River Valley
- Distance: NYC: 2.5hrs – Hartford: 1.5hrs – Philly: 3.75hrs – Boston: 2.25hrs
- Famous for: History, Craft Beverages and Hudson
- Not to miss: City of Hudson and Olana State Historic Site.
- Perfect for: Couples, Families, Outdoors Lovers
- Link ColumbiaCountyTourism.org
#HUDSON #ANTIQUES #CRAFTBEVERAGES #HISTORY
WHY IT’S FAMOUS
Bordered by the Hudson River on the west and bucolic rolling hills to the east, Columbia County is a classic Hudson River Valley landscape. This area is rich in arts and culture and fascinating history.
- Now a National Historic Site, Martin Van Buren, the 8th US President, retired here.
- Historic Warren Street in Hudson is lined with 50 antique stores and galleries.
- The masterful home of Hudson River School painter Frederic Church, visit Olana State Historic Site.
- Craft beverages are a staple here with brewers and distilleries like Hillrock Distillery, Stone Bridge Cidery, Hudson-Chatham Winery, and much more.
- Cross-country ski at Lake Taghkanic State Park, Harlem Valley Rail Trail, or Catamount.
THE NY SHERPA RECOMMENDS