- There are paddling possibilities everywhere you go including kayaking, rafting, canoeing, and SUPing.
- With almost 500 square miles of manicured trails, snowmobilers know Old Forge as “Snowmobile Capital of the East”.
- The Enchanted Forest Water Safari, New York’s largest water park, is right in town.
- Find fantastic food in and all around Old Forge.
- Skiers of all levels can enjoy a day of family fun on McCauley Mountain’s 21 ski trails.
- The celebrated Adirondacks National Exhibition of American Watercolors can be seen at the View Art Center.
Old Forge is "Adirondack Base Camp" and a real four season destination. Located in the northern part of the state and western side of the Adirondacks Parks, this is a very uncommercialized and genuine Adirondack town. You can get everything you need and want in town, then be entitle wilderness five minutes later.