- NYS Region: NYS Capital & Saratoga Region
- Distance: NYC: 3hrs – Hartford: 2hrs – Philly: 4hrs – Boston: 2.75hrs
- Famous for: NYS Capitol, Craft Brews, History
- Not to miss: New York State Capitol Building and Albany Institute of History and Art.
- Perfect for: Couples, Families, History Buffs
- Link Albany.org
#NYSCAPITOL #CRAFTBREWS #HISTORY
WHY IT’S FAMOUSAlbany is one of the oldest surviving European settlements from the original 13 colonies. It’s also home to NYS’s capitol building, historic sites, and a growing craft beverage industry.
- Into local craft beer? Visit the Albany Beverage Trail, promoting local craft and farm-based beverage facilities throughout downtown Albany.
- Visit the New York State Museum, Albany Institute of History & Art, the Irish American Heritage Museum and the plethora of other museums Albany has to offer.
- Explore dozens of restaurants and fine dining experiences, great mom-and-pop shopping and catch an Albany Devils hockey game in Downtown Albany.
- Visit Washington Park in May for Albany’s famous Tulip Festival—worth the trip.
THE NY SHERPA RECOMMENDS