- NYS Region: Finger Lakes
- Distance: NYC: 4.75hrs – Hartford: 5.5hrs – Philly: 4.5hrs – Boston: 4.75hrs
- Famous for: Harriet Tubman, MacKenzie-Childs, Wine and Theatre
- Not to miss: Historic sites, world-class fishing and wine.
- Perfect for: Couples, Families, Outdoors Lovers
- Link TourCayuga.com
#HARRIETTUBMAN #MACKENZIECHILDS #LAKES #THEATRE
WHY IT’S FAMOUS
This area’s history was written by great minds and creative thinkers. And today the same spirit lives on with a cool and casual pace of life.
- With 8 lakes and 12 miles on the Erie Canal, Cayuga County has more freshwater coastline than any other county in New York State.
- Auburn is known as “History’s Hometown.” Visit the Harriet Tubman National Historical Park, or Seward House Museum, and so much more.
- Visit 11 wineries, 4 breweries and a cidery—some can be reached by boat on the “water to wine tour.”
- The historic village of Aurora is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The 87-mile Cayuga Lake Scenic Byway was voted one of “10 Great All-American Road Trips” by Yahoo Travel.